Last year John, after having let his house sit all year, decided to continue construction. To that end he started putting the roof on. Not wanting to do as the Romans do when in Rome he decided to build the roof North American style only using metal rafters rather than wood. On top of it all he decided that he did not want the structure welded but rather screwed together. So, what should have taken a good roofer a month to do is taking 4x that length of time.
I understand Abigail has been at it for a couple of months now and this is how far he got. I am very happy at least that SOME progress is being made and it is starting to look like a house. I don't think John plans to ever live here but at least we stand a chance now of getting it sold to someone who does want to finish it and live here. Sadly this is what we have to look at from our balcony now where as before we looked at the trees with the toucans in them....sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment