Finally, I have access to a computer where I can post. Arrived in Panama City on the 24th. We were overweight on our luggage to fly to David so we opted to take the bus. It is a long ride of abut 6 hours, but the bus is air conditioned and so we were comfortable.
Our friends graciously offered us a place to stay at their home while we get settled in. We went shopping for some 'essentials' today like the table which will serve as a counter in our kitchen. Cabinets it seems are an option in this part of the world and something that the average Panamanian can not afford. So, now I have a counter on which to do food preparation, should I choose to do so, plus a microwave which sits on top of the bar fridge. The house was cleaned before we came, but the cleaning lady must have been a dud because I am now going to have to buy a jug of bleach and a toothbrush and scrub it up until I am convinced that there are no 'cooties' living with me. Things like the air conditioner filters which have not been cleaned in a month of Sundays.
I got my next most important Spanish phrase to commit to memory. it comes right after 'where is the bathroom' and 'the check please'. My new phrase for today is, 'excuse me, I am next'. I have found that the Panamanians are very pushy in the stores and on buses etc. They will walk right in front of you and start doing their business as if you don't exist. So for today it is "Disculpe, yo sego!!" You have to learn the language in order of importance, don't you? Anyhow we are going to pick up the car today and try to find a bed. The next challenge will be getting a king size bed into a 10x12 room! Hasta manana!!
1 comment:
Glad you arrived safe and sound. Wishing much success in your quest to find a bed. Having a good night sleep is always a plus. Have fun exploring too with your car. Laura
Post a Comment