Today is going to be HOT me thinks. The good news is we got a bed and the air conditioner works well in the bedroom so we are comfortable at night. Even have to pull up the blanket. The house is going to be OK. The only glitch is that I am not sure we are going to be able to get internet...YIKES!! We apparently have to go door to door to find a neighbor that has a phone line before we can even go and inquire about cable. That will be a challenge with my 4 words of Spanish. And YES I did get to use my new phrase. I even was able to add "yo llege primero" "I was here first" and I did it with attitude! A girl pushed in front of me as I was buying a phone card and paid for hers before I got a chance to pay for mine. She looked a bit shocked. Now the girl at the counter thinks I speak Spanish. I did the happy dance when I got back to the car.
We have discovered that the architect here cannot open up the files that we had done in Canada so we are trying to sort that out. It will be 6 weeks before we can get going on the house once he has access to the files. Oh well Manana! Just have to do more shopping today - gotta find a kitchen cupboard of some sort. No pictures yet sorry, gotta get this computer thing sorted out. Later...rose
No comments:
Post a Comment