Friday, October 31, 2008

Tried to Post But Can't Download Pictures

Sorry anyone who bothers to check this site. I have taken some new pictures today but blogger must be blogged down because it is VERY slow and cannot upload a picture, so I will try again tomorrow evening. Our trip to Panama was uneventful (that is a good thing). We stopped for a day in Panama City to meet with the lawyer and discovered that we are still not in posession of our citizenship card, a process which should take at the most 3 months, (we applied a year ago) due to their gross incompetence. Oh well, what's another year! We then went over to a granite place to pick out our granite and I think we have found some nice pieces.

On the way to David the next day, just as we got to the city there was a group of rice farmers forming a blockade of the road and the road was closed for 2 hours (we're talking a four lane highway here). As I wandered up the road to see if I could see anything a man came along who recognized me (didn't that just make me feel popular) and we ended up turning around and meeting him at a restaurant a ways back. When we returned the police had broken up the blockade. Just another day in Paradise!

No comments: