Friday, November 30, 2012

Back Yard Update


The change this year was not as dramatic as last year, mostly because it hasn't been as long and also the gardener Nevia who did the plantings planted some flower bushes and Luis my weekly gardener did not bother to trim them until he knew I was coming.  They were getting very leggy and so he whacked them back to sticks.  Therefore they look like they did when I left.  He also was not watching and the bugs were attacking my new hibiscus and so it is looking pretty sick.  She planted another of those white bushes with the big balls of flowers that have done so well on the first part of the garden but this one is a very pale pink.  It must have been a sickly plant as it was sitting there looking exactly like it did when I left.  Having said all that the yard is still very pretty and will recover by Christmas I am sure.  Already in just a week the whacked off plants are rebounding as we speak.  The poinsettia that Hormelis gave me for Mother's Day last year has flourished and will be red by Christmas, unlike the one in the front which did not change color until Feb last year.  

 I checked yesterday and the roof tiles for the rancho have arrived so hopefully Abigail can get them up before Christmas and we can ditch the ugly tin.  The boys are going to start the painting soon so it will eventually match the house.




This is the back end of the yard.  It looks pretty lame right now but in a couple of years the hedge with the red flowers will have grown up and the row of tiny trees behind it will have grown up and taken shape.  You can see that better in the second last picture. It is tempting to build a fence but I am trying to preserve the open feel of it all.



No comments: