Sunday, December 23, 2012

Coffee Pickers

We took a drive up the mountain to Rio Sereno today.  It was a new destination for me and I will blog more but for now I will show you what we encountered enroute. The next time you pour that cup of brew I want you to think of these poor buggers slaving so that you can enjoy that morning drink. 
Worker number one, with his wife behind him but not in the picture is pulling the bushes over and pulling the beans into the big bucket tied to his waist.  Worker number 2 has his bucket full and ready to pour into a bag.

Worker number 3 is packing a bag down to the area where it can be dropped off.  Below I got a shot from the moving car of many workers carting bags of beans off to be processed.  I am not exactly sure how far they had to carry them but it looked like a lot of effort to me. Enjoy!


No comments: