Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Yay Karina

Karina didn't come to the group last week and this week the kids said that she couldn't come anymore now that school was in session.  I insisted that the kids go and tell her that I wanted to see her. Finally she bounds in all happy and bouncing and acting like tigger.  I think that they just hadn't told her that we were meeting.

She read a piece for me and she now even can do some word recognition which is beyond amazing for her.  I would say that she is about 60% there.  Anyhow she told me that she had gotten her first ever 5 this week, that being a quiz where it is 5 out of 5.  We high fived her and she was just busting.  She reports that she is loving school and Porfiro, who is in her class, tells me that the teacher helps her at times.  I am so happy for her it just makes my life worth living.

No comments: