The other day I am sitting in the office when suddenly I see this cool little bird appeared. He looked like he had just come from the barber with his hair all nicely coiffed and parted in the middle. Turns out he is a grey capped flycatcher. I was watching him and telling Harry about him when another little bird appeared.
This little one was a redhead and she had a mohawk. Her feathers were all disheveled like she had just rolled out of bed and hadn't had her morning coffee yet. I looked her up and discovered that she is a barred antshrike.
Then a zebra type bird appeared with a black mohawk, turns out he is her husband. His mohawk doesn't show in this picture because his head is tilted but he was just as cute. A few days later I was able to catch a video of him sitting on the kitchen windowsill singing his little heart out. It is quite a performance. She has the same song and antics to produce it.
No comments:
Post a Comment