Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Yikes We Have Water Coming In!


I went out to the house today and lo and behold the drywaller was there working. I guess he must have gotten the message that he was about to be replaced. He says he is going to be finished by Sunday. I am assuming he meant in one week but I could be wrong, he didn't specify which Sunday exactly.
Anyhow one of the 3 rooms that he had finished has developed a leak, in fact I have a couple of leaks. Interestingly enough the roof did not leak when it was just tin but now that the roof tiles are on it has developed leaks. That was one of the reasons that we chose to go with the more expensive tiles as leaks here are a HUGE problem and we felt that tiles would be less prone to developing them. This was not a small leak, it was a BIG leak as you can see by the disintegrated dryall on the floor which fell out when they opened the hole in the ceiling to see where the water was coming from. Abigail quickly spotted the problem and fixed it and says that it will not come back. The other problem was with a flashing in an area where there are no roof tiles yet. As a result we will need to take the drywall out of the bathroom and replace it, but not until they are sure that the problem is solved. I can assure you that this was not what I wanted to hear first thing in the morning!

1 comment:

Laura Jean said...

Hope your days are improving on the drywalling front. Mine was so minor - but within a month after my bathroom being completed I noticed the paint peeling and to the touch it was just soaked and soft drywall - Shelley Lepage's contractor helped me out and repaired the job as the original one had flew the coop. All the best.