Saturday, March 20, 2010

Curbing The Ditches and the Front Sidewalk





OK, just to prove that I haven`t just been sitting on my pretty duff, I am sending some pictures to prove that I am making some headway on the landscaping. I had them start with curbing the outside ditch so that the weeds growing along the ditch edges can be kept under control better. Then I had the sidewalk built. It has a pressed pattern and looks great. I have had a lot of compliments on it. Now they are building the little retaining wall along the front and down the side. The front lawn will be stepped down with both levels being more or less level, just a bit of a slope to the ditch. There will be a small retaining wall where the step takes the last drop. That is the actual elevation of the front yard. I am hoping to get some plants going in there before I leave so that when I come back they will have had a full rainy season to grow. It is exciting to think that we may have a YARD someday. I have been blessed to find both a gardener and a maid. The maid is my builders daughter so I feel really comfortable having her come and clean up the bugs and dust once a week when we are gone. They are a lovely family and I can´t say enough good things about them.
I am getting a bit closer to having internet, mostly the hold up right now is waiting for power in the park. It is all in place, we just need a contract drawn up with the power company and then if that ever gets done, then a hookup. I am optimistic that before I leave it may happen....you`ll be the first to know!!!!!

No comments: