Thursday, January 27, 2011

Christmas 2010

OK I know it is a bit late but I felt compelled to document our Christmas regardless. Our son Tyler and his girlfriend Samara came down with Harry. They were here for a week. We had a really nice time the highlight of which was our white water rafting trip. We had a nice dinner at the house, I cooked a turkey and invited a few friends to join us. I loved my Christmas tree that I put up. It came from Canada and cost $25. I think we are being ripped off at home. On the return trip instead of flying them out we all drove to Panama city so that the kids could see the countryside. There were radar traps approximately every 10 minutes for about half of the way. We never knew what the posted speed was as half the time there would be a 60Km zone and the only thing around was sugar cane fields. Who knows "that's Panama, get used to it."

There were many good restaurants within a short walk of the hotel. This was our first night in Panama City.
The next day we did a bit of sight seeing, this being taken at the Miraflores Locks in the Panama Canal. It wasn't as hot here as it was the last time we went. We went to the old city causeway for lunch but then routed back to the hotel as Tyler felt sick and Samara had a wicked cold.
Just a shot of the lovely hotel we stayed in. We had a whole suite complete with kitchen and washer and dryer. There was marble everywhere and it had a separate bedroom.
View from the 22nd floor. Harry and I drove back the day that the kids flew out staying overnight partway home. We even made the whole drive without a speeding ticket - whew!

No comments: