Thursday, March 17, 2011

Trip Back From Bocas









We left Bocas on the water taxi. the waters were fairly calm and we raced another taxi all the way back. In the end we won as our boat was smaller and not so heavily loaded. I think this was the fastest trip I have ever made there.

Below is our last glimpse of the ocean, or our first glimpse depending on which way we were headed.
















Check out one of the little bamboo shacks on stilts. Built high to keep both the water and snakes out.

One of the many waterfalls visible enroute.

This part fractures me. Note below the angle of the car climbing the hill on the warning sign. Well, those angles are in many cases pretty much accurate and if you make the picture above bigger by double clicking it you will see what I mean when you look at the car. For sure you don't want your Model T low on gas when you start this climb!
Barb took this lovely picture of one of the many vistas as we crossed over the divide.

No comments: