Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Trip to Las Lajas Beach with Barb and Ross

My friends Barb and Ross Grahame from Calgary are here visiting me right now. I just got back from a rendezvous with my husband in Florida. I met them in Panama City and they flew back with me. Yesterday we went to Las Lajas Beach. It was a bit crowded as you can see because usually there is nobody else there but me and my friends and/or family. This week is Carnival and Tuesday was a National holiday so we chose to go on the Monday. The little parking palapas were almost all taken and we were lucky to even get one.Our parking space was between one family who seemed to think that they needed to supply music for everyone else on the beach. On the other side we had a group who had taken over all of the available space and seemed to resent our intrusion to the point that the guy sleeping on the cement bench wouldn't move so that I could open my car door but being the little skinny whip that I am I squeezed out in spite of him and ignored the dirty look.
As you can see there were lots of others on the beach invading our space.
I usually bring a couple of umbrellas along to provide shade for lunch and this kept us from having to sit under the shade where we parked between music man and lazy boy.
Of course the highlight of being at the beach is the fun of riding the boogie boards. Ross and Barb had never tried it before. Ross gave it a quick run and decided he would rather jump in the waves but Barb, who I have to say is not really adventurous took to it like a duck to water. We spent a good 2-3 hours total riding the waves and as you can see by the pictures we had a BLAST!
Barb making some good time...
Yours truly whooping it up. We we ended the day with a walk and managed to just get a bit burned, oh well, we'll heal in time and Barb thinks it was well worth it.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Have you not figured out that water only amplifies the sun and makes white skin burn faster?

Rose & Harry said...

Thank you God for inventing sun screen, and we did wear long sleeved shirts in the water but for the purposes of this demonstration we took them off.