Snapped this photo of a beautiful little blue headed parrot poking his head out of the nest to say "hello". These guys (among others) take up residence in the old dead pifa (palm) trees around here. Sometimes they (the trees) are unsightly but I don't like to cut them down because so many critters take up residence in them - including the Toucans.. After about 5 years they fall down on their own but by then they are hollow and everybody has moved out to a fresher hole. The holes are made by the woodpeckers. Such is the cycle of life and nature's way of recycling. Isn't mother nature smart!
3 comments:
What a beauty!
I envy you Rose! But then, I have only 7 weeks left and I too am unemployed/retired! In the process of looking for a small acerage somewhere in central Alberta that we can purchase without debt so we can retire in some kind of comfort. Then I can sit on my deck and take pictures of sparrows and chickadees just like you!
Great to hear from you Dave. Find a good place so I can come and visit..R
Post a Comment