Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Art of Camouflage

When it comes to camouflage, few of God's creatures can do it better than a bug.  I waltzed into the kitchen the other day to make some toast and there on the counter, almost impossible to see was this really cool moth.  He is built like a stealth bomber painted camo, looks like a curled up leaf with a bit of light glinting off of it and a few twigs sticking out, and from a predator's perspective would appear to have a pair of eyeballs meaning, that if there is a mouth to match it would eat you.  I was in awe.  After the photo session I gently removed him to the outside in contravention of my 'take no bugs in the house alive' policy;


Just while I am in the business I will post a picture of the other 'leaf' moth that was on the wall in the terraza.  Equally as well camouflaged but not quite as cool.



2 comments:

Barry and Lana said...

They are super cool.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose & Harry,
No such bugs here in Victoria BC.
Please forward present email addresses.
Take care,
Morris@bleviss.com