Thursday, February 5, 2015

I Guess My Spanish IS Improving

A couple of days ago I went to buy my ticket from David to Panama City from Copa Airlines.  I have to go into David to their office to buy the ticket so that I can get my old age discount. When my turn came I was the last one in the office so I took a seat and proceeded to tell the girl, in Spanish, what I wanted.  She asked a few questions which I answered and then I gave her my residency card so that I could get my discount.   We were about 10 min into the transaction when she looked up from the card looking at me rather puzzled.  She then said to me, and I quote: "Do you speak English?"  I was rather astounded at the question and told her 'clario' meaning of course.  She said ' but your Spanish is so good"  I was thrilled beyond words.  Imagine, she thought I was a native speaker...score one for me!!

No comments: