Monday, April 20, 2015

Midnight Marauder

At 4;20 last night my alarm went off.  I could see that it originated in the terazza so I cancelled the alarm and reset it.  I then looked out the window to see if I could see any movement but I was looking at the end of the yard, not under the window.  Not seeing anything I went back to bed.  In the morning I decided to check on the video to see if I could spot anything.  Pretty soon I see the headlights of a cat coming up the side of the house.  With the various cameras I saw it enter the terazza and jump up on the counter which put him close enough to the heat sensor to set it off.  He quickly left and I could see him stroll up the sidewalk at the back of the house.  Then he stopped and so I have videoed a clip from the security camera to show you what happened next.
In the morning, after having watched the video I checked the plant and found leaves broken off
not to mention a pile of feathers with assorted leaves on the ground.
I deduced that the victim was a female red rumped tanager by the orange feathers and you can see by the picture of the bird where these would have come from... poor baby.


No comments: