We wanted to make this woman but I decided that I could come up with a better pattern so this is what I designed. I finished mine today and she is lovely.
This is Donna's lady, I forgot to take a picture of mine at this stage.
The flowers for her hat are the special part. These are made by hand, painted and then applied. The leaves are applied before the clay dries.
It is really difficult to get a picture that is just right. The camera wants to highlight the gold skin tone. These are as good as I could get but she does look smoother.
For some unknown reason, this picture insists on being sideways but the flowers are the part that I really love. Notice she has eyelashes and pierced ears.
The blue ruffly stuff is gauze which you buy in a roll and then apply to the glued surface. It is painted black and then the blue is applies and finally the gold highlights.


No comments:
Post a Comment