Before I got here Donna signed up for an art class on clay tiles. I was so impressed by what she had created that for Christmas she gave me 2 tiles and 2 packs of clay. Then she came over and 3 or 4 nights a week we get together and craft, she is my teacher now. It is so much fun.
First we painted the sky white and mixed wood shavings with glue which we placed on the tiles and let dry.
We then added a door and windows made from the rolled out clay. That was painted black after it dried and then the walls top coated with orange and yellow. The windows and doors were painted blue as was the sky.
The tree was added last. Each little leaf is cut out with a mold punch....
painted.....
and glued on. Window sills were added as well as a 'tile' roof line.
So tonight we finished everything up. Now we drill holes on either side at the top to hang them. They are so cute, I love them. Donna decided to do a sunset on hers this time instead of the blue sky.
No comments:
Post a Comment