We then closed the windows and removed the screens so that we could see them better. I took several videos but this one is interesting in that it shows him regurgitating a seed which apparently they do, in fact I read that they will actually use these seeds to line the nests. Mating time in Panama is apparently closer to April. I hope you like the 'Blue Velvet" in the background...sorry I didn't have time to squelch Bobby Vinton.
Sunday, February 12, 2017
Toucan (Aracari) Regurgitating Seed
Today the toucans were back in front of the window. They returned 3 times so we were able to get our act together to photograph them better. I discovered that they cannot see us through the window as there is somewhat of a reflective coating on the glass. This might account for why he landed on the steel bars, perhaps he thought he saw an interloper in his territory.
We then closed the windows and removed the screens so that we could see them better. I took several videos but this one is interesting in that it shows him regurgitating a seed which apparently they do, in fact I read that they will actually use these seeds to line the nests. Mating time in Panama is apparently closer to April. I hope you like the 'Blue Velvet" in the background...sorry I didn't have time to squelch Bobby Vinton.
We then closed the windows and removed the screens so that we could see them better. I took several videos but this one is interesting in that it shows him regurgitating a seed which apparently they do, in fact I read that they will actually use these seeds to line the nests. Mating time in Panama is apparently closer to April. I hope you like the 'Blue Velvet" in the background...sorry I didn't have time to squelch Bobby Vinton.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment