Friday, March 24, 2017

Tropical Screech Owls (Grey Morph)

I was watching TV last night when I thought I heard something soft like breathing.  It was distinct enough to warrant investigation and when I went out to the terrazzo I was surprised to see a very tiny owl sitting on the steel in the large openings.  I tried to get a picture but my flash was not cooperating and just as I took it she turned and flew.  I looked up in the direction she had gone only to now see two large pairs of eyes staring back at me from the top of a column just outside.  I think the big one is an adult and the smaller a juvenile.  They are tiny, the baby being about 5" high and the adult 7or8".  These are the 2nd owls I have seen here and both this year.
 Mama and baby....I hope they eat the toad that poops and pees in the terrazzo almost every night.

No comments: