Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We Have Returned

Oh man, it is so good to be back here. The weather is the best yet (so far). Pleasant and sunny. The temperature yesterday was about 75 degrees. This morning on our walk it was nice and cool, I didn't even break a sweat. Just nice to get us acclimatized to the heat again after a month of -25.

We had an excellent trip down. I think God was looking after us. On the first Westjet leg they put us in the coveted front row, saved for babies and wheelchairs. We had tons of legroom and our own TV. The next morning we were beginning to despair that we may not even make it onto the flight as there were so many people boarding and so much luggage and they were so slow at the ticket counter. We finally made it to the front of the line and the agent told us to check at the boarding area for our seat assignments. Well what do you know, we were assigned a seat in the business section and went first class. We were even the first allowed to board!! That was the best. Then we met a man who was also in the business section who offered us a ride into town (saved us $25). He was very nice and has offered us help any time we need it (bonus). We then got our permanent Panamian ID cards, finally after waiting 14 months and because of all the screwups at the lawyers office negotiated a $550 discount. Then on the last leg of the trip I encountered 2 ladies that I had met on my last trip here, both of whom I liked and both I would like to get to know better. I reconnected with them again and now would feel comefortable contacting them again. I tell you I am beginning to feel like I have come home here, not so much like a stranger in a strange land. I am very happy today.....gotta go meet friends for breakfast. I will have pictures of the house tonight....luego....Rose

No comments: