I wanted to make 2 levels to the front yard to be able to level it out as there is about a 2 foot drop from the ditch to the house. This means that the water runs toward the house and can eventually make its way into the sand under the tiles. Sometimes the grout will show wet spots so I know when that has happened. By making it 2 levels, I have sloped it off toward the ditch so that the water will run that way and not toward the house, plus I have sloped it back from the house to the level of the little wall which again will take the water away from the house and off to the ditch. I did this with a gentle curve which happened to take in the curve of the sidewalk, so more through good luck than good management, it looks awesome. I will post new pictures after I get the hedge planted on Saturday (I hope). That is if the gardener shows up. He usually is good and has only skipped once but that was Easter weekend so he is forgiven. The lady in the pink shirt is my maid Lordes and she is a Godsend - quite literally I think. She is Abagail's daughter and a very devout Christian so I trust her implicitly.
2 comments:
Yard's looking good. (Is your whip broken? The guys are all leaning on their shovels.) haha
Of course as soon as they see the camera, they all have to pose.
Post a Comment