Monday, June 28, 2010

Whatdayaknow, the Circus is in Town

These are my 3 boys Jeffry, Hormelius and Santo.  They are my most ardent admirers here.  I wonder why? Could it be because I take them to the river to swim, have them over for movies and if we go out buy them some treat.  They seem so young to me when in reality they are almost young men.  They are 14 years old but they are small for their age compared to the kids at home and are refreshingly naive
The first night I arrived in Sortova my 'boys' were so happy to see me that they wanted to go grocery shopping with me.  On the way into town Hormelius informed me that the circus was in town, did I want to go and see where it was.  I obliged by passing by on my way home.  I thought he had been but he hadn't so I suggested that we could go the next day, Sunday.  They were VERY excited.
The admission was $3 each.  I forgot to take my camera so missed some of the first acts.  I later went home and got it as I badly wanted to blog about it as it really was a good circus.  
The first act was tigers.  There were five of them.  They came in and obligingly took their place on a stool.  While the first 2 were doing their thing one of them decided to pee. He lifted his butt up off of the stool and proceeded to shoot pee towards the audience.  Honestly, it was like he was on the pressure end of a fire hose.  He was shooting about 15 feet for the first 6 or 7 shots when suddenly he really got the pressure up and managed to shoot over about 20 feet (I paced it off in the house to get that estimate and it is not exaggerated) until he sprayed the audience and sent them scattering in all directions. The stream was about 2 inched in diameter so they really got a good taste of it.  What a way to start the show, sitting with cat piss spray on you for the duration.  That had to be the best act of the whole show.  
Anyhow there were the obligatory trapeze acts, clowns, elephants and gymnasts.  It really was very entertaining for a small show.  
One other cool thing is that they kept parading the animals below us as they took them back and forth to the pens.  Honestly you could almost touch them we were so close.  Sunday was the last day for the show so I was lucky to get in on it.  I have spent the last 3 days trying to blog this but blogger wouldn't upload the pictures.  Thank goodness it finally fixed itself.

1 comment:

Barry and Lana said...

Lucky kids - lucky you too, nice to have someone young and enthusiastic to go to the circus with.