I like to walk around in my bare feet but at night I try to remember to wear shoes because there have been a couple of scorpions in the house. This particular night I came out of the bedroom to the kitchen via the living room. Usually I go via the terrace. I put my sandals on and was I happy I did. This BIG thing was hiking along and was about 2 feet from the bedroom door. He was headed in that general direction and had I not gone out would have ended up in the bedroom for sure. Yikes! They are kind of cool to watch as they move like a little tank if they are not in a hurry (he wasn't). I picked up a piece of tile to squish him as I didn't want to miss and get stung on the side of the foot. Anyhow I moved him outside the next day to take his postmortem photo. Ain't he cute!
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Nasty Bug!
I like to walk around in my bare feet but at night I try to remember to wear shoes because there have been a couple of scorpions in the house. This particular night I came out of the bedroom to the kitchen via the living room. Usually I go via the terrace. I put my sandals on and was I happy I did. This BIG thing was hiking along and was about 2 feet from the bedroom door. He was headed in that general direction and had I not gone out would have ended up in the bedroom for sure. Yikes! They are kind of cool to watch as they move like a little tank if they are not in a hurry (he wasn't). I picked up a piece of tile to squish him as I didn't want to miss and get stung on the side of the foot. Anyhow I moved him outside the next day to take his postmortem photo. Ain't he cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your place is looking pretty gorgeous, with the exception of the arachnids and gigantic bugs. I would come visit you but if you have any big moths out there I might have a heart attack and die, hehe.
Post a Comment