
Yahoo, at last my baby banana plants are big enough to bring home.


Luis the
gardener planting them. Notice how 'dry' the dirt is after all that rain last night. The dirt hardly stuck to the shovel.

At the back of the house we now have a row of 3 of them. They are like a pregnancy and take 9 months to produce bananas. These are about 3 months old now so I hope when we get back this winter that we will have some real, fresh bananas. I may need to bring some netting to encase them to keep the birds off as we have so many birds here that I am sure will be wanting us to share our booty. These are not the typical bananas that you get in Canada, they are called Manzana bananas or apple for those of you who don't speak Spanish. They are very sweet and do taste like a cross between an apple and a banana. They are delicious!!! I can hardly wait.
2 comments:
It sounds yummy, will you also have to fight off monkeys for the crop? Things are really coming together at your place, it is looking great.
Thank goodness the monkeys don't come up here because they have no cover. These palm trees, although they look lovely have nasty spines on them and the monkeys can't climb them Whew!
Post a Comment