
So finally, after waiting what, a year? the guys showed up to install the kitchen. OK it wasn't exactly a year but if they had gotten the bean out last year at this time instead of making me wait until March for my first stick of furniture after we bought $4000 worth of wood, really I think we could have had it installed before now. Hey better late than never I say.

The first of the boxes is being installed on the island.

This is the box under the kitchen sink, no plywood or
particle board in these cabinets! The dishwasher goes next to this if I can find one. Maybe the middle of December I am told.

Here is the framework for the drawers next to the stove. Notice the concrete at the back and the tile on the floor. This minimizes the amount of wood for the termites to eat (it is treated with termite poison) and the number of places for the cockroaches to hide.

OK this is as finished as it got yesterday. They are supposedly coming back Monday to do some more and when it is all finished all of the concrete will be covered. You will never know it is there unless you look inside. Needless to say I feel like I have finally accomplished something.
1 comment:
It will be beautiful! Remember "good things come to those that wait" and Lord knows you have learnt to be a patient person in addition to a building contractor.
Post a Comment