Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Poco a Poco
Poco a poco which means bit by bit, the house is getting finished up. The bathroom tile job had a small glitch as the tiles around the tub were not done properly (in my absence) and had to be removed and redone. Abagail then came back and finished the tile properly, under my close supervision. Then the carpenter came back and finished the bathroom vanity. It was a fairly complex undertaking as the corner was rounded, but this is what we came up with and I love the result.
The tiling is finished except for the grout. I couldn't get the color I wanted so I will have to wait until I get back as it will take, I am told 3 months to come if ordered so he will place the order in Sept so that I will get it by November. The tile on the top where the tub sits is in 3 pieces. The tiles were 2 feet by 4 feet so it worked out great, making a very smooth professional looking surface. I was here when that part was done.
Now I have the small matter of the bathroom door. The door guy took so long to finish up his work that there were some of the doors that needed to be refinished. He would take them off and back to the shop and then return them when they were refinished. Well this time he took only the bathroom door but he never brought it back. Twice when I went to the shop the owner was not there and the worker didn't know where it was. I went again twice last week and both times the shop was closed and locked. There is a for sale sign on the side of the shop and I am afraid that my door is forever lost. Mercifully I still owed him $250 bucks so I have enough money to have it rebuilt....whew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
VERY pretty bathroom. Glad you got the door this trip & didn't wait til you return! Imagine the privacy you'll have once it's installed :}
Post a Comment