Thursday, April 14, 2011
Snakes and Bugs
Tonight I opened the front door and found this little snake hiding under it. I think that maybe he eats scorpions. He is not on my list of dangerous snakes but one day the gardener killed one and I gave him heck as he is probably a very good little guy to have around. Regardless I wanted him out of the house so I got the broom to sweep him up onto the dustpan and out. He was not much bigger than a dew worm, maybe about the same size. I thought maybe he was dead, squished under the door. Anyhow as I was hunting for the dust pan a great big beetle came swhooping through the house. I hate the big beetles flying because they have NO radar, they just fly until they hit something and I don't want it to be me. I'm not sure what God was thinking when he gave them wings. Anyhow I swung at the thing with my broom like it was a baseball bat and hit him flying like a golf ball. He splatted and I squished him. Then on to the little snake. Turns out he was very much alive and he scuttled out of the house will me pushing him on with the broom. Gotta get a sweep on those doors I guess. Truth be told this is only the third snake I've ever seen here (and the first one I have seen near the house) apart from the ones that the gardeners kill. He was very cute, but you know me I loved Margaret the 10 foot python.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oops, turns out he is poisonous, related to the coral snakes. They are not aggressive and don't have the capability to strike as he has no fangs, just small teeth....still good to keep the rats at bay but don't touch
I might have believed you (that they are not poisoous and picked it up for you and taken it out side for you. Good thing I wasn't there or I just cant believe you anymore.
Post a Comment