Thursday, June 28, 2012
What Happens in a Heavy Rain
I took these pictures from the house during a heavy rain. Often when it rains here it POURS! Everything kind of floods at the time but within a half hour it all disappears. The ground here can soak up an unbelievable amount of water.
The rancho looks flooded but it actually has 2 drains and will be built up with about 2" of mortar and tile so that shouldn't happen when it is all finished. The roof tiles have been ordered for the rancho so hopefully by the time we get back in the winter we can finish off the roof as well.
I had to put a drain in from the sidewalk because so much water accumulates there and can't get away. As you can see it is working very well.
On this corner of the house we put a little well with a 4" pipe that takes the water right out to the ditch so that the yard is not getting so flooded. We have been having some problems with water backing up into the terazza so Abigail is going to work at rectifying that problem while I am gone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's all going to be SOOO spectacular! Hopefully I'll have the $$$ to come down one of these years.
Post a Comment