Monday, February 11, 2013

My First Customer

I have been waiting and watching for a bird to 'discover' my bird bath.  I have also been tweaking it to make it a bit more enticing.  I divided it into 2 parts, added a bit of sand and gravel to the part near the well and put a shallow carved flat rock that I had kicking around to catch the water and create a smaller 'bath'.
I have seen a few come as far as the rocks and have a look but I have never seen anyone in it. I am afraid that I am going to have to be patient while more shrubs grow up behind it to give security to the birds. Today Harry called me to come and see the bird in the bath.  Excitedly I raced to a window to observe without scaring it off.  To my surprise what I discovered is in the picture below...sigh
The neighbors chicken!!!!

No comments: