Friday, February 1, 2013

Building the Bird Bath

I've had a very exciting week, work wise. In this picture you can see the place that I had prepared last year for my water feature.  This week Abigail built the water feature.
First he built a form with some soft particle board.  Here he is making sure it is good and level.
The 'well' is made from a concrete flower pot with the side cut out to connect it.  Here he is forming the base.  It was built on the dirt with a screen for the form.  The sides slope up so that the water is deeper in the middle.
It was kinda like watching the department of highways workers with one guy working and 3 guys watching.
          
To finish off the edge we set rocks into concrete.  I did that work to make sure it turned out exactly the way I wanted it.  It was so much fun.

Above is the final finished pond and below the pond with the angel in place. It will be so-o-o-o beautiful when it is all completed.  I just need to source a pump as the one Butch brought from Canada, although brand new, was not functioning.

 

No comments: