Thursday, March 14, 2013

Drive up the Mountain


Yesterday Francia took me for a ride up the mountain.  There was not too much to see up the mountain except the vistas of the city.  The road was very steep and windy and I was very impressed the fact that she has ridden her bicycle up there.  Below you can see the city nestled in the valley

There was a small section where most of the houses were painted bright colors.  That is why I included the photo below. 
There was evidence of an accident at this corner and I was really happy that I was not a passenger in the vehicle.  The probability of survival was approximately zero.  She says it happens fairly regularly that someone misses the corner. Below is the offending corner, you can see the glass on the side of the road.
This would have been the first bounce...
The second bounce left a wad of glass...
You can see the wad of glass better here but this is a close as I dared go to the rim of the canyon.  from the edge of the grass it drops straight down.  The car/s would not have stopped until the bottom of the V.  Not a pretty thought.

No comments: