We drove about an hour and a half to get to the mountain where they do the sailing. When we got to the mountain we stopped at the bottom where the kites were landing to inquire as to costs. Turns out I paid $58 for the 15 min ride, about 1/5th of what it would have cost in Calgary.
Loaded and ready for the ride up. Do I look like I am having second thoughts?
We arrived at a gate which they unlocked and off we went further up the mountain until we reached a large grassy slope. Here they unloaded the parachutes and prepared them for takeoff.
OK, I am ready to go. Got my chair on and I am standing ready to run.
This is the hill that we were instructed to run down. It looks like Steven is practicing.
I am thinking that I need to run until I run off of the end of the cliff it was a scary thought, but as instructed I run. One step, two steps, three steps (almost) and suddenly someone yanks on the brakes. I am caught in mid stride. Daniel is behind me pushing me now and urging me to run still, but I can't. What I hadn't anticipated is that as the parachute opens up it slows us down. Mercifully it filled enough to catch the wind and suddenly we were flying. 

Now I am dangling from my seat and he is telling me to sit down, sit down, all the way back. I struggled into my seat and finally am where I should be. The ride is very slow and relaxing and I am in my glory. I feel like and eagle.

You can see Steven's parachute in front of me. He took off first.
All good things must come to an end and the landing pad is in sight.
I am instructed to slip back into the standing position and hit the ground running. I do as instructed and again get two and a half steps and we are stopped on the ground. It was ridiculously easy.
We are two happy people!











No comments:
Post a Comment