In the mornings I never take the time to watch the birds because there doesn't seem to be much action in the bath at that hour. Today I looked out and spotted this guy in the tree. He didn't come to the bath but I was able to snap this picture before he flew. I have identified him as a Red Legged Honey Creeper specifically a male in breeding plumage which is apparently rare here. The bird is not rare, the plumage is. In non-breeding plumage they are a yellow green color so I consider myself lucky to have seen him.
1 comment:
We have a bird feeder and put out fruit. Papaya seems to be the most popular. It is visited on a fairly regular basis by one of these beautiful birds, and sometimes he brings his mate with him. You captured his wonderful blue really well in that photo!
Post a Comment