Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Mystery Christmas Turkey Robbery

I have to preface this post by telling you that the closest Panamanian neighbor has 4 dog. Ralph, Skinny, Blue Eyes and Little Bugger.  

Christmas Day I had all of the neighbors over for Christmas dinner.  The dinner was excellent and the turkey lovely.  We had eaten and then for fun we had decided to do some photos of  Donna and Ron's 2nd Christmas at the new house and then John and Mara's 1st Christmas at their house as a sequel to our photos of last year.  I will publish those in the next post.

As it was getting dark we needed to hustle out and get it done before it was too late.  We hopped up from the table and headed out the door.  Donna stopped to put away a bit of the food and asked me what I wanted to do with the platter of turkey.  I didn't have time to deal with it so told her to just leave it and I would put it away when we got back.  So out we went to take the pictures.  We were gone about 15 minutes before Ron closed the back slider doors.  When we started to take the pictures across from the balcony Little Bugger, the small, well fed one, was hanging around and being a nuisance so I shooed him off.

To our surprise when we returned there was a turkey bone laying in the middle of the doorway to the terraza.  What the #%^&(^?
Upon further investigation is was discovered that the once full turkey platter now contained only a small wing!

The dejotas (detectives) were called in to investigate which is what they do if the robbery occurs here.  They look, take photos, have a discussion, tell you they will investigate and then you never hear from them again.  Here are the 'dejotas' discussing (following a thorough investigation of course) what might possibly have occurred.  Sot the theory is that, Little Bugger was the decoy to throw us off the scent.  Then Blue Eyes entered the premises by the unattended back door and proceeded to steal the turkey pieces and bring them to Skinny and Ralph who were waiting outside, too timid to enter.  The 3 then quickly hid the evidence in their stomachs to avoid detection and made good their getaway as the lookout warned them of our imminent return.....mystery solved.  Another good one for the  'Closed' file.

No comments: