Monday, January 26, 2015

Why You Need a Good Cleaning Lady

So the deal here is that if you were to go away and never come back the bugs and fungus would eventually take over the entire property...so, it is REALLY important to have someone clean the house on a regular basis.  Well, I have a cleaning lady, always have.  In the beginning I used to have her come and clean the place once a week whether I was here or not.  After the first year I realized that she didn't probably come more than once a month so I switched to having the new cleaning gal come once a month while I am gone. 

Part of her duties are to check for mold growing on the furniture and bugs in the cupboards.  Specifically she was to have cleaned out all the cupboards in the kitchen and washed everything prior to my arrival so that I didn't have to do it when I got here.  There is nothing worse than opening up the cutlery drawer and seeing cockroach poop around the knives and forks...or so I thought.  So in the spring I lent her $140 to pay for her son's school expenses and that was to have been worked off by coming 7 times at $20 per day of work (believe it or not that is good pay for a cleaning lady.) Well, it turns out she came 4 times and left after 5 hours not 8.  

So when I arrived things looked not too bad. She had cleaned the drawers and for a few days I was happy, that is until I opened up the booze cupboard to put something away.  At first, because it is high, I just noticed a few ants running around so I closed the cupboard and thought nothing of it.  The second time I opened it I noticed a few more so I climbed up to investigate and to my horror discovered that the cupboard was full of them.  I grabbed a can of raid, sprayed them down and closed the cupboard.  Below are the dead ants but worse than that, the white stuff in the corner are eggs....yech!
 This is a little carving that had broken and so I put it in the cupboard for safe keeping.  They were even living in the holes on the carving.
To top it all off they had used the dust to make a stuffing along the door crack so that the light wouldn't come in and disturb the nest, can you believe that!  I know of someone who once had them move into his printer and totally wreck it. Needless to say when she pays off her debt, no more loans and she will not be doing my cleaning while I am gone this year.

No comments: