Friday, April 3, 2009

The First of the Steel



It's hard to believe that one could get excited about steel bars on the windows, but it is an essential part of living down here if you don't want to be an easy target for a burgler. The 'steel man' as I call him came yesterday to put the steel on the windows in the front of the house. This one is still in grey primer but will be a golden brown color. He couldn't install them as the trim around the windows was still being worked on and so he just painted them and left them there. He will be back on Saturday to install them (I hope). I am very satisfied with the design, I think that they are going to be nice.

2 comments:

Shepherd Snapshots said...

Very lovely. Who would've thought steel bars for windows would look nice...

Laura Jean said...

It's all coming together nicely. Love the tower idea with the windows. I think of the fairy tale Rapulzel (sorry spelled it as it sounded to me). Back in Calgary (One more trip - Ottawa for Easter).