Monday, April 13, 2009

It's Home Time!!

Yes, I know that the house is not finished but my ticket home was dated April 16th. At first when I realized that they were not going to be finished by then, I had decided that I would delay my return. As time goes on I realize that if I choose to delay I am going to be here for an awfully long time, longer than I want to be. So I have made the executive decision to head north for a month or so to let the paint dry here. My builder tells me that it will be a month before they are ready to tile and that is what I really need to be here for.

I am ready to get out of my little rental house, as I am tired of being cooped up with the doors and windows closed trying to keep the heat under control. If you are in the shade here it is not as a rule uncomfortable, however the tin on the roof of this house heats up and radiates through the ceiling tile and without air conditioning the house can get very warm. So two more sleeps and I head to Panama City to make the LONG agonizing trip home all in one day. I look forward to spring in the Rockies. I am happy to report however that my Spanish speaking and comprehension improves daily. I am still not good enough to carry on an intelligent conversation but I am getting good enough to make my needs know (usually). This will be my last post until I return in mid May so thanks for following....luego.....Rose

2 comments:

Laura Jean said...

Have a safe trip home. Will see you soon.

Laura Jean said...

Hi Rosalie. Sorry I didn't see you today. I was having all the James over so was busy cooking and cleaning. I have posted the before and after shots. See you next Sunday. Have a good week.