Sunday we took the day and drove up to Boquete to scoop out the activities up there. We met our friend Jack for breakfast at his favorite haunt Olga´s, and then checked out Chiriqui Rafters. They were closed so we chose to do that another day. The other choices were the zip line, ATVing and checking out the Boquete end of the hike across the volcano. After driving around for an hour and failing to find the road´to the National Park that we had gone on with Gail and Jim a few years ago we settled for a tour with the ATV.
The guys had a great time. We had a guide who is ahead of us on the bike. He took us over trails that would have been difficult to walk for the boulders and pot holes. I was riding double with Harry and after about 10 minutes into a 2 hour trip was wishing I had stayed at home. I ended up holding onto my poor neck for support and managed to make it through the trip with minimal damage. The road did improve in places, much to my relief. The boys thought it was a great time. Chewing on dust was almost worth it for the interesting back country we saw and the spectacular views of the town and surrounding area.
2 comments:
Looks like fun and you are lucky to be in a warm climate. My niece, Tanya, lives in Edmonton and a few days ago it was the 2nd coldest place in the world (first place honours went to Siberia!!!)
That looks like so much fun! I wish Ty and I were there.
What day is Spencer flying back?
Post a Comment