Ok, you all know that I was a hygienist and that it takes a lot to gross me out, but let me tell you, this grossed me out. This toad doesn’t look that big in the picture but believe me he was the size of a sandwich plate without a word of exaggeration. He looked shrivelled up and I thought he had staggered into Carmelo’s house to die. After taking photos I poked him with a stick and he moved enough to let me know he was still alive. The night watchman tells me he is a good toad and he eats scorpions among other things. Aroldo tells me he saw one once with a snake in its mouth. Obviously not the poisonous variety because if it is snake versus toad, I think the toad would loose. There is a smaller variety of toad here that is kind of cute and I get them in the terrazzo almost every night. I know because they come up there to take a dump. They are cute but the watchman uses a plastic bag to pick them up and turf them because they have ‘milk’ on their skin that causes the skin to become inflamed. My watchman is a wealth of information regarding the local flora and fauna, that is when he is not sleeping. I have decided that when I catch him sleeping I am going to take a picture and not pay him for the night. I have caught him 6 times so far and those are the only times I checked. I am sure I am a better watchman than him since I sleep with one eye open anyhow.
2 comments:
You better learn to love him if he eats all those other undesireables. Really, he's kinda cute.
Hahaha... I probably would've spent way too much time sitting there poking him ^_^ Gross and hilarious! And I love toads!
Post a Comment