Friday, November 27, 2009

Carmelo's House






As you can see from the first picture, the tiles are now back in front of the house. I went to the police station with my friend Norma to make my statement. They took my information and in the next few weeks I am sure will be making a visit to Ivan. I hope they drag him down to the police station for questioning. He doesn't know yet that they have been returned as David infomed him by letter and he probably only checks his mail once a month for his power bill. They are under 24 hour a day guard at the moment.

As you can see the new roof is going on and is very STRONG. They have poured many support columns and put a new row of bricks along the edge to hold the beams in place where they sit on top of the wall. What a difference and what a relief!

There are also huge issues at the front with the columns. They are not symetrical and one of them is 4" off. That one cannot be 'moved'. Moving a column involves chipping cement off of the front and adding more to the back. 3 of the 6 columns needed this treatment. The fouth which cannot be 'moved' needs to be removed along with a section of wall and be rebuilt properly. I have pictures on my camera but will publish them later when I get them moved to the computer. Wow am I glad that there were irreparable problems with the roof so that Carmelo could get rid of this guy and get the house done properly.

1 comment:

Mike and Maureen said...

Glad to hear that the house is coming along under your keen eye. Carmelo is lucky to have you. By the way, we leave Monday to head back home. Weird that we will be going from summer to winter in 4 days! However, it is also strange to hear all the Christmas carols they are playing in the stores and restaurants when it is 80F.