Friday, November 27, 2009

No Internet Yet

Gosh I have had a heck of a time finding internet service here. The first outfit came out and found a signal but then informed me that we would probably need a 60 foot tower which would cost in the neighborhood of $2000 YIKES! There had been a man by who stated that he could provide internet but the papers he handed out mysteriously disappeared and so I wasn't sure who the provider was. Norma figured that it was a provider called Claro so I went there yesterday. The short story is that they don't know if there is service there or not so on Monday they will come up with a computer and check to see if it works there. Apparently is is a plug and play type connection which is good because you can use it anyhere in Panama, as long as you have a laptop. Hopefully this is going to be the answer to my prayers. Not many people in this area can afford a computer, never mind internet service.

Today I have resorted to having lunch at a very expensive hotel to access their internet. Hey whatever works.

No comments: