Saturday, November 28, 2009

Mot-Mot

Today when I got up to go for my walk it started to rain so I had to abort. That meant that I putted around the house. I had all of the windows open and was marveling at all of the bird sounds (it was quiet, there were no workmen at the house) when suddenly I noticed this guy up on the power line across from my balcony. I recognized him right away as a Mot-Mot even though I have only seen them in books. He is one of my 'want to see birds' here and now I find that there are a lot of them in the area. If you double click him you will see the little ploof on the end of the tail which was my first clue that he was a Mot-Mot. I was so excited that I had to call my sister Gail the birder but forgot to check the time. It was 7:15 in Canada and I woke the poor kid up...sorry Gail, but she understood.

2 comments:

Mike and Maureen said...

Beautiful bird - I Like-Like.

Amelie said...

Hahaha I bet mom was stoked! That's a gorgeous bird though, look at those colors!
I saw a little cutie in Finland today that I wanted to get a picture of but he vanished by the time I got my camera.