Saturday, January 11, 2014

Borinquito

There is a water park here about a 10 min drive away called Borinquito.  It was apparently made with private money but they do charge to use the facility.  $1 if you are not a senior and  .50 cents if you are (that's me!).  It is a very large facility and really well done.  The pools area all filled with river water and drained and cleaned once a week.  
This is the shallow kiddie pool
This is the adult pool which is great because they don't allow children in it so it is never full of kids.  It is Olympic size so is almost double the size of pool that they have in Calgary.  This pool is drained and cleaned on thursday and then refilled on friday so for 2 days a week it is not available.
There is a snack bar area in case you get hungry or need a drink 
This area is for smaller children with the umbrella type water falls and knee deep water.  I almost drowned in a pool this deep when I was about 5 years old but somebody's mother rescued me.  I fell and couldn't get up. I have no idea where my mother was but she wasn't with me.  Chances are I wasn't supposed to be there.
This pool is a bit deeper for the bigger children to safely play in.  It is about waist deep for an adult.  Donna likes it because she can still tred water in it and get her exercise.

No comments: