Just when I think that all the species in the area have
visited the bath someone new shows up.
Yesterday I looked out, mercifully with camera in hand, and spotted
blondie in the bath. She looks to me
like God took colors from all the other birds to create her. A bit of blue, black, yellow, white, orange, just a dab here and a dot there. The black band over the eyes makes her look
like one of the beagle boys or that she was trying to go incognito..
My bird book tells me she is a Golden Hooded Tanager. Isn’t she just beautiful!
In this picture she is doing the roll and spray. Note how far the water flings.
2 comments:
She is so beautiful, what lovely birds visit your bird-spa.
Wow, another beautiful bird. I haven't seen one of these either. Maybe you have some different ones in your area.
Post a Comment