Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Hilarious Menu Translations

Google translate can be a very useful tool.  It should not, however be used to translate a menu.  My friend Norma thinks she could have a full time job translating menus and we often laugh at the translations.  This one was the best yet though.  

The word Casado means married and I am sure that these dishes are like a casserole with different kinds of meat.  The one that I liked the best was Casado con chuleta which is pork chop.  The translation was 'married to shop' and I am sure no man would order that one.  I think they probably meant to say 'chop'.  Interesting how one little letter can make such a difference.  'Carne en salsa' means meat in sauce but they wrote 'with mead sauce', mead being a wine made with honey.  Anyhow this one has become my new classic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why is married with tongue the most expensive?