Sunday, March 8, 2015

Trip to Costa Rica

I haven't posted anything for a couple of weeks because I have been gone on a little side trip to Costa Rica.  I went to visit our long time friends Wayne and Leanne Gayford.  Wayne and Harry were room mates at university so we go back a long, long time.
Rosalie, Leanne, Wayne, sister Helene and friend Kathy
Wayne, always smiling
Wayne and Leanne were staying in a town called Atenas at a cute little place called Apartamentos Atenas.  Rather than hotel rooms this little place has about a dozen cabins, some larger than others but all have fully equipped kitchens and a private outdoor patio.  They are very cute.
This little cabin is where Wayne and Leanne stayed and later I stayed
Because the place is very popular I couldn't get a cabin for my stay but rather had to stay at another place about a mile away but up a VERY steep hill. I could walk down in the AM but took a taxi up as it was always after dark.   5 of the cabins were occupied by either friends or family of the Gayfords, mostly Leanne's step brothers and sisters and spouses.  They are all exceptionally nice people and treated me just like one of the family.

No comments: