Monday, March 23, 2015

Cock Fighting

Cock fighting is a big thing here.  Although it is considered by many opposed to animal cruelty to be a blood sport and is banned in many countries it is still a thriving sport here.  Many times on the way home we go past the Concepcion Country Club to find it surrounded by cars and can see that there is cock fighting going on inside.

The other day as my visiting friend Linda and I were walking up to see the new fence, I saw a skinny little rooster, having his way with some poor hapless hen.  Moments later I saw a big fat rooster heading off in the direction of the sex action.  Moments after that I could see white bodies flapping up and down behind a clump of grass so I pulled out my camera and came away with this little video.  Note the background music which was not dubbed in but rather was being supplied by the owner of the little rooster who, it turns out, is a fighting cock (ergo the string on his leg), no wonder he was winning.....enjoy, it is quite funny.


No comments: