Saturday, December 11, 2010

Really, They do Call Them 'Dead Policeman'

Just so's you know the lady wasn't kidding about the speed bumps being called dead policeman. Now I have proof. I was driving to the beach the other day and spotted this sign. Normally I don't read the signs because I don't have time to digest the contents as I am driving by but on this particular sign the words 'POLICIAS MUERTOS' or 'DEAD POLICEMAN' jumped out and grabbed me as I passed. I knew in an instant that they were warning motorists about the speed bumps in the road ahead. I couldn't believe my eyes and had to go back for the picture to prove it. My guess is that the word OJO which means EYE with the two arrows pointing to the words 'policias muertos' is telling you to watch out for the speed bump.

1 comment:

Mike and Maureen said...

I wonder how the police feel about the nickname for the speedbumps. I can imagine that if they were called that here in Canada, the police would be up in arms (yes, this is a small pun)and would be calling in Human Rights.